Dental Crowns An Overview
A dental crown can serve many purposes, from restorative to cosmetic, providing years of healthy smiles. Dr. Datta Malyavantham and his associates at Ridgetop Dental in Northern Virginia place dental crowns using the highest quality materials and advanced technology for a final restoration that will blend with your smile and meet your needs.
A dental crown may be recommended or placed for a wide range of reasons:
- Damaged tooth
- Decayed tooth
- After a root canal
- Final restoration of a dental implant
- Misshapen tooth
- Discolored tooth
Same Day Crowns: Benefits of Digital Dentistry
Dental crowns are custom made for you in either our Reston or Sterling dentist office and can often be completed in a single visit using CEREC technology. There are many advantages to this CAD/CAM technology for both dentist and patient:
- Digital impressions: less discomfort and more accurate diagnostics for treatment planning.
- 3-D imagery: the ability to see and use multi dimensional images of your mouth enables Dr. Datta to design your dental restoration more precisely and ensure that placement is stable.
- Quality materials: CEREC can be used to create high quality porcelain and zirconia dental crowns for a result that is highly durable, aesthetically pleasing and fits comfortably within your natural smile.
- Same day restorations: we can design, fabricate and place your custom crown during a single visit- no need to leave with an uncomfortable temporary and return for your new crown at a later date.
Schedule A Consultation
Ridgetop Dental in Sterling, VA and Reston, VA offers a FREE consultation to discuss your dental concerns and evaluate your oral health. We look forward to meeting your needs and goals for your smile and helping you enjoy the lifelong benefits of good oral health. To schedule your appointment, request an appointment online or call one of our two Northern VA office locations: