Visiting the dentist can be a scary or even traumatizing experience for some patients. At Ridgetop Dental we understand that patients with dental fear have a difficult time visiting the dentist office. We also understand that every patient is unique and deserves personalized dental experience. Every patient with dental fear find some aspect of the dentist office scary; whether that stems from fear of losing control, fear of needs, fear of drills, or from a past bad experience, our team at Ridgetop Dental can work with you to help you feel comfortable.
In this post, we will discuss some tips to help patients with dental fear and anxiety get the care they need. Next time you visit the dentist, try to consider these key tips.
Overcoming Dental Fear
- Bring a person your trust to your dental visit. If there is a person you feel comfortable with, consider bringing them with you for moral support.
- Ask questions. If you dental fear stems from the fear of the unknown, asking questions can help you learn more about your dental visit and treatment.
- Consider sedation dentistry. Sedation dentistry can help patients with dental fear feel at ease during their treatment. Sedation dentistry is also great for patients who need to receive multiple procedures during one visit. Your dentist will review your medical history and examine your smile before deciding which sedation method best suits your needs.
- Practice deep breathing techniques. Deep breathing can help keep you relaxed before and during your office visit.
- Keep yourself distracted during your office visits. Try listening to music or an audiobook during your treatment.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for breaks. If you find yourself feeling overwhelmed during your visit, you can ask your dentist for a break.
Vist Our Virginia Dental Office
Northern Virginia dentist Dr. Datta leads a team of compassionate, experienced professionals who are dedicated to helping you achieve a healthier smile. If you suffer from dental fear, consider visiting Ridgetop Dental. To schedule an appointment, call or request an appointment online.