Full Arch Dental Implants An Overview
Patients missing a full arch of teeth benefit from implant secured dentures. Traditional dentures are commonly uncomfortable, bulky and are prone to slippage. Implant supported full arch dentures provide stability, bone retention, and natural looking results.
If a patient is missing a full arch of teeth, there are options for securing a full arch of prosthetic teeth. Single implants, ball attachment, bar attachment or screw retained dentures can restore the function and aesthetic of the smile.
Dr. Datta is a Northern, VA general dentist with advanced specialty training in implant dentistry. A member of the ICOI and the AAID, Dr. Datta remains committed to continually advancing his implant technique. Dr. Datta offers full dental implant services under one roof from our Northern, VA dentist offices. Our dental care team manages every phase of treatment for high-quality, predictable results.
Learn More About Dental Implants
I am very happy with the care and service provided by Ridgetop Dental. It is good to be able to smile again without trying to hide my teeth.Aquilino D.
I seriously can't say enough about this practice and these people. The staff is AMAZING - so kind, so friendly, so helpful. The dentists, the hygienists, and reception. My recent visit included a cleaning and some xrays by Angie (who…Wendy Z.
Angie did a great job cleaning my teeth. Literally the best hygienist I have ever have. Both Dr. Diana and Dr. Shaw did my fillings and they are great! Dr. Diana and Lisa also took care of my three year…Molly O.
Excellent service, I was very pleased with there are professionalism. All staff is very attentive and welcoming! I would definitely recommend the office and Dr. Datta , he is excellent Doctor, has a great personality. My daughter has been his…Anzhela H
I am always blessed by the friendly, professional staff at Ridgetop Dental! Both of the doctors there, Dr. Datta and Dr. Diana, are gentle, knowledgeable, and excellent in their work! They aim to please, and they do it well! Thank…Donna M.
Full Arch Dental Implants What to Expect
The type of full arch implant secured denture a patient receives will vary and is dependent on personal goals, budget, and overall oral health. Dr. Datta will advise patients on their options so they can make informed decisions when choosing an implant option. The dental implant procedure is typically a multi-phased treatment and will require multiple trips to our Reston or Sterling, VA dentist office.
Full Arch Implant Options
- Ball Attachment- Two implants are placed in the lower jaw. The denture is designed to snap onto the implants for a more stable fit. The denture is removable for thorough cleaning. The denture will require adjustments over time.
- Bar Attachment- 4-6 implants are placed in the lower jaw. The number of implants used will depend on the size, shape, and health of the jaw. Once the implants are healed, Dr. Datta attached metal support bar to the implants. The denture fits securely in place using the bar as support. This option allows for a more stable denture that is still removable for thorough cleaning.
- Screw Retained- Screw retained full arch implants permanently attach the lower denture to the jaw. 5 or more implants are placed in the lower jaw bone. Once healed, the denture is secured to the implants using screws.
- Individual Implants- Individual dental implants to replace each of your missing teeth is the most natural looking option. Each implant is fit to replace the lost tooth root. This option can be used for to replace an upper or lower arch of teeth.
- Implant Retained Upper Denture- Replacing an upper arch of missing teeth with implant secured dentures provides superior support and stability over traditional dentures. Implant supported upper dentures do not inhibit taste and will look and feel more natural. A support bar is attached to the implants and used to anchor the denture. Implant retained upper dentures are removable for easy cleaning.